French Toast, Pancakes and Waffles
Crème Brulee French Toast
- 1 stick sweet cream butter
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Light corn syrup
- 1 loaf Portuguese Sweet Bread (Home made the day before)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Amaretto
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Over medium heat, in a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Pour into 13X9 glass baking dish sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut three x one inch thick slices of the bread (Do not use the end of the loaf).
- Arrange slices in one layer into baking dish, squeezing to fit if necessary.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, vanilla, Amaretto and salt until fully mixed.
- Gently pour the mixture over the bread slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap & place in refrigerator overnight (8 hrs).
- In the morning, bring the dish to room temperature; then bake uncovered at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes. (Check and turn a few times so edges do not burn).
- When done, invert baking dish over large plate or use a cookie sheet.
- Cut into desired portion size and serve, no butter or syrup is needed.