Coffee Cakes, Scones and Cereals
Famous Benbow Scones
- 1 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup of sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 2 Teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 5 Tablespoons of un-salted butter
- Approx. 1/2 Cup of cream
- 1/4 Cup of orange juice
- 3/4 Cup of orange zest (Grated)
- 1/4 Cup of currants
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add just enough cream and orange juice to form a soft dough.
- Add currants and mix well until combined.
- Turn out onto a floured board and roll out to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut into heart and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg white.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Full page |