White Asparagus Wrapped with Smoked Salmon
Makes 4 Servings
20 white asparagus spears
4 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
12 cherry tomatoes
8 slices smoked salmon
4 scallion branches, sliced
2 tbsp. parsley
Mix some mustard vinaigrette (one teaspoon of dijon mustard, one tablespoon of red vinegar, olive oil, pepper, and salt) with fresh cream, some lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
1. Peel the asparagus and steam for about 5 to 7 minutes (it is done when the spears are still crunchy but just start to become tender). Immediately transfer the asparagus to a cold dish to cool.
2. Place two slices of smoked salmon flat on each plate.
3. Lay 5 asparagus on the salmon, add one tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese and wrap the salmon around.
4. Cut the tomatoes in half and put 4 half tomatoes per plate with the sliced scallion, on top of your wrap.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of creamy vinaigrette and decorate with some parsley.
This is a very refreshing entree. Enjoy it with a glass of your favorite white wine. --