Makes 4 Servings
3 pounds of green asparagus
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
4 oz of butter
1 tablespoon dried parsley
or a 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1. Trim the bottom of the asparagus (approximately 1/4 of the length).
2. Starting under the head, peel the asparagus and set in a pot of cold water with about a teaspoon of salt.
3. Boil the water and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes, until the asparagus is cooked, but still slightly crispy. Set the cooked asparagus on a paper towel to dry.
4. To make the sauce, in a small pot, melt the butter slowly, add lemon juice, and combine thoroughly with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Chop the parsley, or combine dried parsley with your chopped hard boiled eggs.
6. Place your asparagus on a warm plate. Place a heaping spoonful of the egg & parsley mixture on top. Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the melted butter sauce over the asparagus. Serve.
This elegant appetizer is a favorite with our guests. --East Brother Light Station