Death By Chocolate Cookies
1 1/2 dozen
2 Packages BAKER’S
Semi Sweet Baking
¾ cup firmly packed
¼ cup butter
2 large Eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup flour
¼ tsp baking powder
2 cups rough chopped
walnuts (or other nuts of
your choice) (optional)
1.Heat oven to 350°
2.Coarsely chop 8 squares (1 pkg.) of the chocolate and set aside.
3. Roughly chop nuts and set aside.
4. Microwave remaining 8 squares of chocolate in a large bowl. Microwave 1 to 2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
5. Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
6. Mix flour and baking powder together and then stir into mixture.
7. Stir in reserved rough chopped chocolate and nuts. (Mixture will be thick.)
8. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or Silpat sheet.
9. Bake 12-13 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
10. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute.
11. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Yummy, chocolaty goodness!!! --Dunbar House, 1880